Life gets busy sometimes, I know. I also know this. If we promised ourselves to find even just a few moments throughout the busy day for ourselves, we might just succeed. You see, it’s all about setting an intention and promising to make it happen. So, let today be the day that you stop and think about what you could bring into your life to help you stay healthy and happy.
I bring you a shortlist of ideas. Feel free to borrow them or get inspired to make up your own. Either way, if you tried, I know you will succeed.
Your Mental and Spiritual Wellbeing
- Reduce Stress. Chronic stress can take a toll on your body and your mind. Find relaxation practices that work for you, like taking a warm bath before bed or meditating each morning.
- Continue Learning. Your education is a life-long project. Broaden your horizons through reading, lectures, and classes.
- Participate In Meaningful Activities. Pursue your dreams, develop skills, and build your confidence through accomplishments.
- Flex Your Creativity. Experiment with different mediums to discover your strengths. Some ideas: learn a new language, how to play an instrument, photography or pick up writing.
- Develop Close Relationships. Make time for your family and friends. Write what you love about your partner, your siblings, your children. Schedule zoom coffee dates dates, with friends to ensure you stay in touch.
- Connect With The Divine. Make your faith part of your daily life. Pray, meditate, take time to connect with your essence by sitting in the silence of a quiet mind. Find a spiritual community where you can feel at home and share your journey.
Your Physical Wellbeing
- Eat nutritious foods. Aim for a healthy diet filled with vegies, fruits, and other whole foods. Cut down on sugar and replace unhealthy fats like margarine and beef fat with healthier sources like olive oil and salmon.
- Exercise regularly. Work out three times a week using a routine you genuinely enjoy. No time? No problem. Find a way to incorporate physical routine in your day. Do floor exercises during TV commercials. Do some chair yoga when you sit at your desk.
- Sleep well. Sleep helps your body and mind to stay in top condition. If falling asleep doesn’t come easy, set up a calm space, and create rituals to help you relax. Listen to gentle tunes, make a fine cup of tea, meditate, or write in your journal about all the things you accomplished today.
- Love your body. Even if you want to lose or gain some pounds, you can still feel good about your appearance and abilities.
Taking care of yourself gives you the ability to succeed in life and share your gifts with others. Make some meaningful promises today that will brighten your future and help you make your dreams come true.
Paying attention to your body’s signals is a crucial part of maintaining good health. Remember that you rely heavily on your body to take you through the ins and outs of daily life, so you’re better off protecting it. Pay attention to your body’s signals and take the right action, to care for and nurture yourself.